Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Post Often on Your Blog for Good Search Position

Now, I am one to talk. I have not posted in a while. But let me share with you a great story about my husband's blog. We had an old one on blogger but only posted ab out 4 times. Then we took a course with Jeanette Cates called,">Online Success Basics">Online Success Basics

and did a wordpress blog. She advised us to post to it daily for a couple of weeks. Well, that was in May. Now it is July and he has many links in google already!! We are tracking his statistics on the host to find out how long folks stay on the site and which posts they look at.
As a result we are excited about posting information on that blog. One hint is to take about an hour and create a week's worth of posts ahead of time. Now you are serious.
Give it a try for about 30 days. Benchmark where you are with links to google,yahoo, and msn but doing a search on each search engine using the term site:your blog name
So give it a try and email me if you have any questions.
Rosie
PS my hubby's blog is www.hornerartworkshop.com
If you add an "s" to hornerartworkshop you will still get it. I actually got a subdomain and had the host help me to point it to the correct site.
I did this when I found some folks were adding an "s" and then emailing us and saying the site is not working.
Consider the misspellings of your name and get a subdomain or another domain name for it pointing to the main site.
Ok, enough techno babble for now.

No comments: